Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My Little Family...

My little family... Sometimes I feel a bit left out with all the pages everywhere of "real families" - mom, dad, and junior. But scrapbooking as single person (or as a married person with no children) can be fun too! I mean we're still a family right?! Below I included my little family (minus the current addition...Chowder, my new kitten). Again, this page was inspired by my favorite artist...Ali Edwards. See her version here. This page offered me the opportunity to try out some of my newest purchases...the EK Success curvy cutter, Martha Stewart border punch, and Cosmo Cricut diecut letters. I also incorporated some classic Basic Grey papers and used my Wishblade for a quick, custom title!



Some of my favorite things...mini bio's about everyone in the family. It may be a bit cheeky to write from the cats' perspectives, but I think it's cute! Also, love the personalization the page offers....in an instant you can see who and what it's about. Plus using the dates gives you a time reference. I definately think it would be fun to update/recreate this page on a yearly basis to show how people and things have changed in your life. Maybe look for a 2009 one to come....



Supplies:

Paper - (white) Bazzill, (patterned) Basic Grey

Accents - (chipboard scrolls, corners) American Crafts; (chipboard tag) Heidi Swapp; (gold snap) Making Memories; (diecut letters - 'FAM" & initials) Cosmo Cricket; (rub-on branches) Heidi Grace; (staples) craft supply; (ink) unknown

Tools - (diecut machine - lettering "MY" and "08") Wishblade; border punch (Martha Stewart); (circle cutter) EK Success Curvy Cutter

No comments: