Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Love is in the air!

My cousin just announced the date of her upcoming wedding. There was no engagement party and so I felt it was about time to send her a congratulations card. I didn't want it to be over-the-top wedding themed so I went with a nice love theme instead. I think these stamps are meant for a valentines day card, but they worked perfectly.


I absolutely knew what patterned paper I would use...this fabulous spring cloud paper (with shimmer!). I stamped directly on the background. It dried immediately since I used the Staz On black ink pad...using a dye or other pigment ink could have resulting in smearing due to the glossy quality of the paper. I colored the plane in using stamping markers and highlighted the greeting with the markers as well. Some brads and a scalloped border were added for good measure. Fun, cute, fast.

Supplies:
Paper - (red cs) Worldwin; (white cs) Georgia Pacific; (blue dot and cloud paper) Reminsce; (text weight metallic) Paper Cut
Other - (plane and greeting stamps) Amuse; (black ink) Staz On; (stamping marker - red) Stampin' Up!; (border punch) Fiskars; (oval/scallop oval diecut) Spellbinders; (brads) Karen Foster Designs; (diecut machine) Cuttlebug

No comments: