Thursday, April 2, 2009

I Wanna Rock!

A little rock and roll...Okay, I was never a real fan of classic rock (I am getting there though). My husband, then boyfriend, IS. And he's totally obsessed with Styx! In many ways, it closely parallels my obsession with Keith. But anyway, we thought of making a fun weekend out of concert trip to Chicago. Stayed in the suburbs, but drove downtown for the big show. It was pretty neat - right on the lake. Thank goodness it was fairly warm out for a fall night! We had a blast and even though the pictures didn't turn out the best I wanted to make a scrapbook page.



As you can see, I used mostly smaller pictures. You'll note that even if your picture is fuzzy as a 4x6, it may be clearer as a wallet. I also wanted to include some memoribilia on the page: the ticket and a bumper sticker I bought at the show. I found a cool Basic Grey paper (the garbled green/blue) that I thought just rocked..and was perfect for such a page. Kept the colors matching for the rest of the page...I appreicated the ticket was in blue (which matched) and the pictures and sticker in neutral colors (which match anything). Most of my journaling is hidden on two tags "tucked" into the page. This is a perfect idea when you want to journal more but just don't have the space! I just really liked how this one turned out. A keeper.


Supplies: Paper - (grey pattern and blue/green garbled) Basic Grey, (black cardstock) Rooney Printing, (white cardstock) Georgia Pacific Accents - (file tab) KI Memories; (ribbon - stripe & stitch pink/black) American Crafts; (black stitched) May Arts; (sm star eyelets) Doodlebug; (sm letter stickers, silver brads) Making Memories; (ghost stars) Heidi Swapp; (staples) craft supply

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Picture This said...

It totally ROCKS Laura!
BTW, I got my butterfly from a class I did with Prima girls "Fire & Ice" down at CHA this past summer. They just handed them out and we never even used them. They never said if they were available from PRIMA and I have never seen them there. Sorry, that's all the info I have on my plastic butterfly.

Keep the pages coming.