Thursday, April 9, 2009

Hippity Hoppity...

I'm not a huge fan of "theme" pages. Sure, I scrapbook the holidays and birthdays and events, but not the same way as others. As with my other pages, I try to stick to the basics as far as supplies go - patterned paper, flowers, flourishes, buttons, brads, etc. In reality, I'm actually kind of boring since I use the same things all the time. I guess using them in different ways and seeing the different textures and colors is the only way I get around this and keep things fresh and fun.



This page took me about 1 1/2 hours. And that's pretty typical. I mess around with the accents and photo placement a gazillion times before adhering anything down. And usually I end up with a completely different page than when I started. For example, I started the page above with a yellow/white pattern and 3 6x4 inch photos. I knew I wanted the accents and photos to be arranged in a circle, but things just weren't coming out right. So, I cropped a photo and added another (after noting there was room since the photo was smaller). I also realized the yellow looked best right behind the pictures since they are a tad bit dark and found a brighter red/pink background instead. I was all about the felt flowers no matter what. I added gems and plastic swirls to form the circle. And I love these letters because they are fuzzy - matched the flowers and just felt Easter-y. Sure liked how it came out!

Supplies:
Paper - (red/pink dot, light yellow dot, red dot) Scenic Route; (yellow pattern) K&Company
Accents - (paper border) Sass-a-fras; (straight lines of gems) Hero Arts; (curved lines of gems) Heidi Swapp, (red/pink/plain yellow felt flowers) KI Memories; (yellow flower w/ gems) K&Company; (plastic swirls) Bo Bunny; (rhinestone brads) Making Memories; (5-stone brad) Creative Imaginations; (felt letter stickers) Doodlebug; (journal box) My Minds Eye
Tools - (marker) Slick Writer by AC; (scallop and plain circle diecuts) Spellbinders; (border punch) EK Success

No comments: