Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I (heart) accents!

I love them, love them, love them! Can't get enough of them. Seriously...check out my basket sometime at any of my favorite scrapbook stores - gotta have everything chipboard, acetate, and sparkly! What I really do like about accents, though, is that a whole package can go a long way. A flower here, a flower there and you still have a bunch left. One of my favorite scrapbookers who has the amazing ability to use tons of accents without a page looking too busy is Jamie Waters. She's been featured in Scrapbooks Etc, Creating Keepsakes, and at 2Peas. Seriously...check out her layout gallery - it's so cute and bright and fun. Just makes you want to sit down and scrapbook!


Here I took some inspiration from her pages in one of my all-time favorite CK articles, "10 Fast and Fabulous Designs" (March 2007 issue). Layered and mixed and matched until things just "felt right" Think it turned out absolutely adorable. Guess it can't hurt there's a cute and snuggly kitten on it! Anyway, love the look and wanted to share. (P.S. This is a great way to go through your stash and use up bits and pieces of things.)

Product Listing:
Paper - (kraft) Papercut; (pink hearts) Making Memories; (pink swirl) KI Memories
Accents - (white paper ribbon) Doodlebug; (paisley rub-ons) Paper Studio; (heart/circle stickers) Heidi Grace; (paper flower, rhinestone brad, translucent photo corner, "adore"/"sweet" word sticker) Making Memories; ("S" ghost letter, ghost heart) Heidi Swapp; (button) My Minds Eye; (heart brad) Queen & Company; (foam title) American Crafts
Tools - (pen) Zig Photo Signature

No comments: