Sunday, April 19, 2009

A Card-Making Sort of Day

It seems to me that Sundays like this one - cold and rainy - are absolutely perfect for making cards. Doing laundry, sweeping the kitchen, vacuuming...that can all wait for another day! Sundays are traditionally the day my husband and I head out to my parents for the afternoon (visiting and supper) so I packed up a few bags worth of supplies and off we went. I brought my new toy...a Cricut Create to show off. I had always promised myself not to buy one, not to get sucked up in the hype. But there it was...on sale at Michael's and under $200. And it was mine. Did I mention they have an AWESOME sale on cartridges right now too - $40 each! Anyway, I brought the new gadget out and showed it to my mom (she sooo wants one now too). And the cartridge that came with it, "Don Juan" has absolutely fabulous phrases for cards, i.e. Thanks below.


Nevermind that I bought these stamps several months ago at Picture This - they're still very cute and begged to be used. I used the idea on the packaging (sort of) for a card by layering the stamped images with scalloped and plain-edged circles cut from scrap patterned papers. This type of card would actually work out perfectly for just about any occasion. Really liked how the bright colors and design turned out. Yep, a card-making sort of day...more images to come this week of my creations from Sunday.

Supplies:
Paper - (white cs) American Crafts; (black cs) Paper Cut; (green pattern) My Minds Eye; (yellow and orange patterns) Scenic Route; (teal pattern) Basic Grey
Accents - (green and orange brads) Queen & Co.; (flower brads - white and teal) Making Memories
Tools - (diecut machines) Cuttlebug and Cricut Create; (Don Juan cartridge) Provo Craft; (scallop/plain circles) Spellbinders; (stamps) Hero Arts; (ink) Staz On; (border punch) Stampin' Up!; (flower punch) Martha Stewart; (corner rounder) EK Success

No comments: