Thursday, April 16, 2009

A quick card!

Just enough time and energy for a quick card tonight.

Went out to dinner last night with one of my oldest friends and found out she and her husband are having a baby! How exciting! Getting home I decided I oaught to send her a quick card in the mail - just a bring a little joy and sunshine to her day.

Today I made it. I based the card upon a sketch from a previous CK magazine. I love to use scrapbook sketches for card-making too! Check out Becky Higgins' column in CK - each month she creates one card based on her sketch. Super cute! Anyway, pulled together scraps from my table...yes, these were all papers already out and cut up. Stamped this fun pregnant lady and colored in with markers. Added a doo-dad or two and done.


Supplies:
Paper - (white cs) Georgia Pacific; (teal cs) Bazzill; (teal dot) Reminsce; (pink) My Minds Eye; (yellow) Scenie Route
Other - (pregnant woman stamp) Amuse artstamps; (square scallop punch, scallop border punch, congrats stamp and markers - blue/pink) Stampin' Up!; (marker - yellow) Studio; (metal star) Colorbok - $1 at Joann's; (ribbon) Michaels; (oval and oval scalloped) Spellbinders; (corner rounder) EK Success

Hint: I love to buy my 8.5x11 white cardstock at Sam's Club. It comes in a huge pack - like 250 sheets - for under $10! Why spend more?!

1 comment:

Laura said...

P.S. Congratulations to Carrie and Steven Andringa! And good luck...you'll need it!