Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Bits and Pieces

Another page with bits and pieces...this and that...fun and more fun! I love to search my supplies for perfect accents. It's like shopping again! I created this page based on another page by Elizabeth Kartchner...I love the way she incorporates shapes and color into her layouts. They always turn out so stylish and fun! Anyway, working on creating some pages for a scrapbook for my mom. Similar plan as for the mother-in-law: I'll create a page for major holidays and gift them to her.


I have about a million pictures from our trip to Las Vegas a couple of years ago, but didn't have the time or want to put in the effort to scrapbook them all. And since I wanted to make ONE page, not many, I decided to go for a more generalized concept - what a vacation should be. The journaling features many of the mishaps and adventures from this vacation in particular, but pretty much sums up all of our silly, dysfunctional Leland-family vacations.

I love the idea of the angle! It seems to add just the right flair. I also like to concentrate on 4-5 main colors for the page. As you can see the pictures didn't offer much inspiration. However, I remembered from the trip the abundance of the Southwestern colors: the blue sky and turquoise jewelry, the orange rocks and sun, the green evergreens in the mountains, etc and brought these colors in. I also just love my Spellbinders diecuts and notice that I use the circles and scalloped circles over and over...these sets are definately a GREAT BUY!

Supplies:
Paper - (turquiose) My Minds Eye; (white) American Crafts; (orange) Scenic Route; (green) My Minds Eye; (yellow) unknown; (orange) Stampin' Up!; (brown transparancy) Hambly
Accents - (chipboard circle words) Scenie Route; (felt flowers) Prima; (sun diecut) Cosmo Cricket; (deco eyelets) We R Memory Keepers; ("happy" plastic) KI Memories; (chipboard "L" and "4") K&Company; (chipboard "what a" and "should be") Heidi Swapp; (foam "family vacation") American Crafts; (cloud paper border) Sass-a-fras
Tools - (marker) Slick Writer by AC; (circle/scallop circle diecuts) Spellbinders; diecut machine (Cuttlebug)

No comments: