Friday, March 27, 2009

About Me...About Time!

I totally believe in the idea of scrapbooking about yourself. How often are YOU actually in the pictures? I've noticed that as the scrapbooker in the family, I sometimes get missed in the photographs. Granted, I've been scrapbooking since I was about 12 years old and thank goodness my Mom learned that I loved getting my picture taken - so she's been a big help in having pictures of myself in my scrapbooks. Another fun part? I thought what better way to showcase my personality than by using accents I truly love. So, after finding the perfect patterned paper, I started grabbing for my favorite accents...felt flowers, "ghost" shapes, and chipboard. And used my favorite colors of course too (pink and lime green!). So much fun.

And, on another note, sometimes it's just fun to dig out random pictures. I have taken up the Stacy Julian approach to photo storage (at least I'm in the preliminary stages of adopting this approach). Seriously...if you have not read her book, I would recommend it. Her methods are tremendous. Check it out - it may just change your perspective on photos.
















I took a closer up view of the page here so you can see all the dimension. I seriously LOVE dimension. Oh, and forgot to mention this is another page inspired by Ali. Check out her post from today...mix and match accents. Love it!

Have I mentioned how much I LOVE the new My Minds Eye papers. Saw them on the website at Picture This and went to buy some immediately. There's two great lines - both of which are showcased on my blog. The colors are bright and fun. I'm positive you can find photos to go with any of them. Very cool. So now. So spring. So had to buy them all!

Product Listing:
Paper - (white) Georgia Pacific; (multi-color circle) My Minds Eye; (light yellow dot) Scenic Route
Accents - (pink gel flower, pink plastic letters, green brackets, "ghost" heart; white chipboard flower) Heidi Swapp; (pink felt flower sm) KI Memories; (sm circle bubble stkr) Heidi Grace; ("Happy" chipboard) Scenic Route; (layer felt flower, flower button) K & Company; (mini button) American Crafts
Tools - (pen) Zig Photo Signature; (border punch) Martha Stewart

1 comment:

Michelle F said...

OMG!! I love this page!!! I think I may need to copy ALL of it.