Sunday, March 29, 2009

Spring Fever

I love mini golfing. I might even go so far as to say it is my favorite summer pasttime. What could be better than spending a warm, sunny day out on the greens, navigating obstacles, trying to teach your significant other than you are a force to be reckoned with. It really is the best. I created this page in order to remember all the good times Adam and I had mini golfing during our days of dating. The Dells, Green Bay, Edina, Chicago, even right here in Eau Claire (Action City, of course!)...we've golfed them all!


One of the things I love most about this page is how easy it came together. I actually put this page together at a local scrapbook retreat, White's Wildwood Retreat. I had decided on colors, accents and the layout at home, packed everything up, and was able to complete the page in a short amount of time. Trust me, if you plan on going to a retreat, this is the way to do it! Hands down. Anyway, I love the layout style - bits and pieces of color and pattern. I used a fairly monochromatic scheme which helps keep the focus on the pictures. I love the title...including the brads on the dots of i's - doesn't it remind you of the colored golf balls? Another thing that I just love is the subtitle ("Seriously the best game ever"). I think subtitles like these really bring together the story of the page. When people are flipping through your scrapbooks, they may see the photos but not the stories. I like to add lead-in's like this one - I think it encourages people to read on and really feel the story. Love that about scrapbooking...telling the story. Anyway, just wanted to share this burst of summer fun on a spring-like Sunday. Have a fabulous day!

Product Listing:
Paper - (green background, green floral, green plaid) KI Memories; (yellow) Basic Grey; (Purple cardstock) Bazzill; (white cardstock) Georgia Pacific
Accents - (rub-on words) Basic Grey; (sticker photo corners and border) KI Memories; ("mini golf" title) Reminsce; ("madness" title and purple brads) Doodlebug; (green swirl brads) Queen & Co.; (white letter stickers - subtitle) Making Memories
Tools - (corner rounder) EK Success; (marker) Slick Writer by American Crafts
(Inspired by design in CK magazine - June 2007)

No comments: