Tuesday, March 24, 2009

An oldie, but a goodie.

When I find a style or layout design that I particularily like, I tend to repeat it. I originally started off my layout with more pictures, planning to do a collage (similar to the "Art Fair" page by Ali in the April CK). When I discovered that I didn't really have enough pictures...or the right kind of pictures (landscape vs portrait), I had to switch it up. This layout design is one of my favorites. And for good reason. It's simple. It's stylish. You can jazz it up or leave it simple. It's just classic. 3 pictures, 3 grids - it's a simple as that. You can rotate it too if your pictures run the other way!

I wanted to make a page that showcased the photos - I really think this worked out. And, yes, another page where I use multiple patterned papers (my favorite!). And I used one of my favorite techniques - layering. I like to collect every clear acetate/transparancy accent I can get my hands on. Frames are no exception. I have quite the stash and was able to pull out three that matched not only my pictures, but also the patterns I had chosen. It's a subtle accent that I think really jazzes things up. Also, on this page I was ALL ABOUT the pre-made accents...nothing fancy. Also love the look of mix n match titles. Not only does it look cool, but you can save on your alphabets and have more for later!


Product Listing:
Paper - (teal starburst, green/white dot) Crate; (tan dot) Scenic Route; (green/brown dot) My Minds Eye
Accents - (transparancy frames and diecut scroll) My Minds Eye; (journal box, silver brads, and tags) Making Memories; (chipboard buttons, felt flower) KI Memories; (chipboard title letters) Basic Grey; (letter stickers and button) K&Co; (white flower) Prima
Tools - (dot embossing folder) Cuttlebug; (pen) Martha Stewart


Note: I'll try to find another example of this same page layout for my post tomorrow. I'm sure I'll find a repeat somewhere! Also, check out my new feature - Ask Laura! on the right-hand gadget bar of my blog. I look forward to hearing from you.

1 comment:

Picture This said...

three in a row..wow...you are rockin'

Great photos. Great pages