Thursday, March 26, 2009

Copycat!

Just another copycat. That's me. Sure, I have an original design every now and then. But I find the simplest way to get my creative juices flowing (and to have a page actually get DONE) is to find a page and copy it. Most of the time it's not an exact replicate, but copies some or all of the page elements (like the layout, the colors, the embellishments, etc).



On this one, I just LOVED the layered butterflies. While I didn't have the felt ones like Ali (hard to believe...gonna have to pick some up next time I'm at Archivers), I made what I had work.







Supply List:
Paper - (red stripe) Crate; (tan dots) Scenic Route; (teal w/ red dots) My Minds Eye; (black damask) KI Memories
Accents - (journal/accent blocks, red felt flower, puffy letter stickers) Making Memories; (acetate butterflies, teal felt flower, white paper flower) Heidi Swapp; (patterned brads) Bo Bunny; (chipboard polka-dot buttons and silver chipboard flourish) Colorbok; (chipboard butterflies & mini heart, printed quote) K & Company; (gem) Kaiser Craft; ("everyday" stamp) Technique Tuesday; (ink) Stazon; (marker) Zig Photo Signature
Tools - (scallop border punch - no holes) Stampin' Up!; (scallop border punch w/holes) Martha Stewart; (corner rounder) EK Success

My inspiration...from the March 2009 Studio A column of Creating Keepsakes. Note the layered butterflies on one page and the shaped paper accent on the other. Copied a little here, a little there to make it completely my own. Thanks for the inspiration, Ali!

No comments: