Monday, May 18, 2009

Simple and Fun!

Another page created last weekend during my scrapbooking retreat. Been busy this past week and weekend so no new pages to post. Still have a few from last weekend though! (Told you I got a lot done...) This one uses lots of premade accents. Fast, simple, cute. Very me. Love to play with different color combinations too...particularily fond of the brown and bright pink combo. Added a little olive and seafoam green for contrast. Love to use my accents as color inspiration - perfect for photos with not a lot going on or featuring neutrals.



















Wanted to include some detail shots so you could really see the accents. I really love the tone on tone look for subtle titles. This works particularly well with chipboard, plastic or even felt letters where the texture/dimension adds some impact. I also accented the title with some bright brads for better visability on the page.









Another favorite are the 3-d squares from Scrapbook Adhesives. I love raising up the accents (i.e. the scalloped circles here). I also created my own layered accents by punching butterflies and layering them, pulling up the top diecuts' wings. You'll notice I used this same technique on the Mother's Day card a few posts back. Would work great for flower punches too.









Supply Listing:
Paper - (brown cs) Bazzill; (white cs) American Crafts; (green lace) KI Memories; (pink dot) Diecuts with a View; (brown dot) Chatterbox
Accents - (pink brads) Doodlebug; (bronze brads) Making Memories; (border cs strips) Bazzill; (felt and leather floral accents) American Crafts; (clear scrolls) Bo Bunny; (chipboard letters) Heidi Swapp
Tools - (circle/circle scallop diecuts) Nestabilities-Spellbinders; (butterfly punch and border punch) Martha Stewart; (dot embossing folder) Cuttlebug

1 comment:

June Houck said...

Love this page! Just the right amount of embellishments that were all so aptly chosen :)