Thursday, May 21, 2009

Happy Accidents

This page would be what Ali Edwards calls a "happy accident". You know...when something you don't plan on happening - does, but it turns out just fine. Yep, a happy accident. So here I was trying to pack up my stuff for my scrapbook getaway weekend. It was getting later and later and I still wasn't done. I wanted to bring with enough "kits" for about 8-10 pages and I wasn't there yet. So I thought why not bring this wedding reception photo. I haven't even started my wedding album yet...and no real plans in the near future...but have gathered and printed many of the photos. This one in particular seemed more about me and my friends having an amazing time and less about the actual wedding formality. A friendship page would be perfect. I took out my tote filled with wedding items...coordinating colors, embellishments, etc. Not much struck my fancy except for the 12x12 scalloped pink background and the light pink "frills". I love these pre-punched borders! I laid the accents and papers about, struggling to find a combination that I liked. And the time ticked by. I was getting nothing done. Finally, I started just pulling out various "frills" to see my choices. As I pulled them out I laid them down against the pink cardstock. Suddenly I realized it...this was it! Arrange the borders randomly across the bottom, overlapping the edges - super cute. From there, everything came together. I already had some flowers out and I laid them against the background...fabulous. Add some bling (of course!) and a brad and voila! Done!


I wanted to add a close-up of the title since I think the dimension really adds something cool to the page. These stickers are actually made out of vinyl - kind of puffy, kind of flat, really cool.

Supply Listing:
Paper - (scallop pink and plain pink cs) Bazzill; (white) American Crafts
Accents - (vinyl letters and stars) American Crafts; (bling) KaiserCraft and Heidi Swapp; (felt flowers) Stampin' Up!; (flower brads) Making Memories; (border strip "frills") Doodlebug
Tools - (corner rounder) EK Success

P.S. There's just something about adding rounded corners to a page. I thought it worked especially well here where there was a lot of circular repetition. Seriously, you could make this page in minutes! I did - under one hour once all was said and done (after the supplies were picked out, of course). Now that's good times!

One more thing...can you believe it? A Laura page without patterned paper?! It can be done!

No comments: