Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Laura Original!

Can you believe it? A design all my own! The idea for this page came from a sketch I saw in Creating Keepsakes where all the photos were trimmed to circles. I liked the idea since it seemed fresh and unique...never done it before, in fact! So I pulled out my trusty EK Sucess Curvy Cutter and cut down all my pictures to medium-sized circles. I'm not great with tools, so I got some uneven edges on the circles. But no matter - this just adds character! I cut two additional circles for layering. I wanted to use bright fun colors to match the theme. One was very neutral - a way to soften the page (i.e. tan dot). One was bright and busy - to liven up the page (i.e. the red dot). The last one was in-between and a way to bridge the gap between the photos and the page (i.e. the green pattern). Since I wanted to use a fair amount of pattern without overwhelming the page, I opted to outline and accent the photos with the patterns along with bordering the entire page.




One of my favorite things about the page is the title which I've highlighted above. I bought these letter stickers in the Valentine section thinking they'd work great for other uses too. The glitter texture and cursive/serif mix worked perfect for the page. I also bought these gems in the bargain. The package actually came with 3-4 oval lines of gems. I simply cut the strand and used the large oval as a double under-score. And, of course, I needed a little paradise on the page and the ghost hibiscus worked perfectly.

Supply Listing:
Paper - (white cs, green pattern) American Crafts; (red dot) My Minds Eye; (tan dot) Scenic Route
Accents - ("happy me" bubble stkr) Creative Imaginations; (lemon button) American Crafts; (hibiscus and gem lines) Heidi Swapp; (glitter letters) Making Memories
Tools - (pen) Zig Signature; (circle cutter) EK Success Curvy Cutter; (dot with scallop border punch) Martha Stewart

1 comment:

Picture This said...

I think you found my happy place....Margaritaville! I just finished a page for that trip myself...since we went a week before you did.
Great page, love it