Sunday, December 28, 2008

Calendar Favorites

My sister and I have an annual christmas tradition of creating calendars for each of our grandparents. This year I opted for a 12x12 calendar and decorated the pages with some of my favorite scrapbook designs. I plan to post many of the pages (likely in separate posts).


















January
Supplies:
Cardstock - (black) Rooney Printing; (white) Bazzill; (silver metallic) Papercut; (teal) Stampin' Up!
Patterned - (stripe and pink dot) My Minds Eye; (green dot) KI Memories; (metallic snowflake) Reminsce; (red dot) Scenic Route
Accents - (photo corners) Heidi Swapp; (chipboard snowflakes) American Crafts; (gems) Kaiser Craft; (scalloped and plain circle dicuts) Spellbinders - cut in Cuttlebug machine


















February
Supplies:
Cardstock - (red scallop) Diecuts with a View; (Dk Brown) Bazzill; (Lt Brown) Worldwin
Patterned - Pebbles Inc
Accents - ("You & Me" rub-on) Stampin' Up; (scallop chipboard) EK Success; (heart sticker) Pebbles Inc; (clock accent) Heidi Swapp; (silver brad) Making Memories; ("remember" stamp) Ali Edwards for Technique Tuesday; (ink) Staz On; (ribbon, staples, button) unknown; (label diecut) Spellbinders - cut on Cuttlebug machine



















March
Supplies:
Cardstock - (all) Bazzill
Patterned - (red swirl) My Minds Eye; (teal with white flowers) Making Memories; (floral pattern) American Crafts
Accents - (border punch) Martha Stewart; (flower diecut) Cuttlebug; (gems) Kaiser Craft



















April
Supplies:
Cardstock - (black) Rooney Printing; (white) Bazzill
Patterned - (grey/white floral) Basic Grey
Other paper - (vellum) Papercut
Accents - (diecut border) Quickutz; (paper flowers) Hero Arts; (gems) Kaiser Craft; ("love" rub-on) Stampin' Up!

Some of my favorite things....
January - love the look of the layered papers! I actually already have a page almost identical to this one in my scrapbook, so I scraplifted myself! I love the ability to use scraps to create a wonderful page. Plus I love mixing and matching the different paper brands.

February - I had to enlarge this wonderful picture of my Grandparents to match the valentine theme....let's face it, my grandma's lime green striped shirt just wouldn't have matched my paper/accent choices. I love the look of the 8x10 photo (cropped slightly for design purposes).

March - I love the effect of the Cuttlebug flower. Got the popped up and layered idea from Dawn at Picture This who had used it on a card. Also, thought it was the perfect accent since the diecut matched the design in the paper so well. I mimicked the paper design with gemstones. I think it turned out great.

April - Since this was a great picture, I didn't want to detract by using bright colors. I kept it simple with neutrals. Found the perfect Basic Grey floral pattern that was both elegant and simple. I love the effect of the diecut border - the intricate border matched perfectly with the swirls in the paper too.



Posted by Picasa



No comments: