Saturday, January 17, 2009

a "sweet" card...

Just in time for V-day, some ultra-cute stamps from Amuse! (Amuse Challenge post)

I just love the cuteness of Amuse art stamps! Who wouldn't?! Thought the ice cream cone would be perfect for a V-day card...sweet and pink and everything. This card turned out to be more of "no particular occasion" card, but I love it just the same!





Posted by Picasa
Supplies:
Cardstock - (white) Georgia Pacific; (pink) Worldwin; (black) Rooney Printing
Patterned - (black lace diecut) KI Memories; (pink polka) Bo Bunny Press
Accents - (black rickrack border) Doodlebug; (gems) Kaiser Craft; (glitter) Martha Stewart; (watercolor pencils & blender pen) unknown; (pink rickrack) Doodlebug; (pink dotted ribbon) Michaels; (stamps) Amuse; (ink) Staz On
Tools - (swirl embossing folder & diecut machine) Cuttlebug; (ovals and scallop ovals) Spellbinders; (corner rounder) small EK Success


Tip: The biggest tip I can offer for this one is to just PLAY! I knew I wanted to use the ice cream cone stamp and picked out a few papers for the card. I ended up using two of the papers in the end and just played until I ended up with a card I really enjoyed. I even changed the size of the card after it was half-way done! Don't be afraid to do and re-do.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Hi Laura, Saw your blog on the A Muse Lounge. Just wanted to say hi and say I like your card. Also like your margarita card from December. Great blog!

Anonymous said...

Very cute card!! I love the colors! Thanks for playing along with the AML challenge! :)

Anonymous said...

So swank!