Monday, December 15, 2008

Think Pink! (Christmas, that is)

What can I say? I'm a fan of those nontraditional christmas colors...pinks and teals and browns... Just another way to make a unique and memorable card.


Kept it simple...based on a card made by the talented crew at Amuse Art Stamps.
Found the idea on display at Picture This.
Close-up of the tree. I used my all-time favorite Spellbinders diecuts...of the oval variety. Love the look with the embossing too! The Cuttlebug rocks!
Also decided to add a little sheer snowflake - diecut from heavy-weight vellum. A subtle accent piece with a little bling.

Supplies:
Cardstock - (white) Georgia Pacific; (shimmer pink and white, vellum) The Papercut
Patterned - (plain pink, pink swirl) Basic Grey
Accents - (star gem) Me & My Big Ideas; (pink gem) Kaiser Craft; (pink glitter) Martha Stewart
Tools - (flourish tree stamp and "Merry Christmas" stamp) Amuse Art Stamps; (ink) Staz On; (border punch) Martha Stewart; (scallop ovals) Spellbinders; (snowflake diecut & swirl embossing; machine) Cuttlebug

Tip: Sometimes instead of using another paper why not use vellum?! I think it adds a subtle texture and color to any project. Here I used it to punch the accent snowflake and also layered as part of the card - note the top of the card with the dotted border. It's tricky to attach vellum though (without showing). I layered the "title" on top of the vellum which allowed for a place to put my tape. Just placed a strip below the title block and it holds the card perfectly together.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: