Saturday, December 13, 2008

Just a fun page...wanted to incorporate the colorful paper to express the fun night we had at Shanghai Bistro for my sister's bachelorette party.






















Supplies:
Cardstock - (white) Georgia Pacific; (black) Rooney Printing; (all others) Worldwin
Patterned - (dots) Stemma; (stripe and plastic black swirl bkgrd) KI Memories
Accents - (brads) Making Memories, Queen & Co., Doodlebug; (chipboard letters) American Crafts
Tools - (various circle diecuts) Spellbinders; (scallop border punch & swirly tag punch) Stampin' Up!
Other - (marker) Zig; (ink) Staz On; (swirly tag w/stripes stamp) Stampin' Up!

Fun facts: Love this new paper by KI Memories! It's called "Sheer Delights" and I just had to have some after seeing it in Creating Keepsakes magazine. (See all the styles here.) Posted by Picasa

Tip: Sometimes making your own accents can be just as fun and effective as buying! Here I made my own layered circle diecuts using various circle dies and accenting with brads. Since the colorful paper is so busy, I thought that just about any other themed accent would get lost in the mix. Super easy! Layered sequins would be another fun option. Also, I based the layout on a sketch contest at a local store. See the sketch here - notice I had to flip the page to fit my pictures. Just a little improvising, but the same idea!

No comments: