Saturday, December 6, 2008

Hello There!

Always on the look-out for cute stamps...no matter the occasion! Wanted to create a fun and colorful card perfect for just saying "hi"!



















Supplies:
Cardstock - (white - for card base) Georgia Pacific, (black) Rooney Printing
Patterned - (all) KI Memories
Accents - (patterned square diecut) KI Memories; (black rickrack paper border) Doodlebug; (gems) Kaiser Craft
Stamps - (phone and "hello there" saying) the Cat's Pajamas
Ink - Staz On
Tools - Cuttlebug machine and funky circles die



















Sideview: I popped up the phone/saying block with foam squares for added dimension. I also like how the circles are layered and overlapped creating a textured card front.

Tips: I love using Staz On ink! It's perfect for slick/shiny surfaces like this diecut by KI Memories. A clean stamp with no worry of smearing. I wanted to create a simple and cheery card without a lot of work...the Cuttlebug was just the ticket! I used one die to create all these circles! I punched out the three colors - one circle each and overlapped the various layers in a haphazard pattern to get a neat textured look. I loved the pattern - doodles - because it reminded me of the phone cord on the stamp. I added black gems for just a touch of bling. Lots of fun!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: