Monday, December 15, 2008

Let it Snow!

I finally got started on my Christmas cards for this year. Decided I might try to do a few different styles...this is just #1. We'll see how far I get!

















Supplies: Cardstock - (white) Georgia Pacific; (blue sparkle) Bazzill; (teal) Stampin' Up!; (metallics-text weight and Mirrorcard) the Paper Cut Patterned - Basic Grey Accents - (gem stones) Kaiser Craft; (silver paper border) Doodlebug Tools - (border punch) Martha Steward; (circles and scallop circles) Spellbinders; (scroll) Quickutz; (snowflakes and snowflake embossing folder) Cuttlebug; All cut/embossed with Cuttlebug diecut machine Stamps/Ink - ("let it snow") Amuse; (black ink) Staz On

Tips: I love the sparkling blues associated with winter and decided on a snowflake themed card. I love the look of the mirrorcard...I think it adds a little dimension and a lot of elegance. When using mirrorcard to cut shapes I've found that running it through the machine twice will get you a much cleaner cut. Also, I love the look of the metallic cardstock. I used the text-weight variety for much of the card making it much lighter and keeping the cost lower. Many styles and colors are available at Picture This - I keep a small stash of these on-hand for any occasion cards too. One last note: I love Staz On ink! It allows for a very clean stamp and will dry (and not smear!) on just about any surface. Here I stamped on metallic paper which has a slick surface. It was dry within seconds!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: