Saturday, May 29, 2010

Love those Flowers! (#2)

Okay, so the design is not too different from layout #1, but it's pretty cute in its own right. I used an overlay that I've had practically forever as the title. And to spruce it up without adding too much pattern, I used my awesome lace border punch. I'll warn you...using this punch requires getting tiny little punched out dots ALL OVER your workspace. But if you're like me, the more mess you make, the better the pages turn out.

Also, you can see I only used one of the flowers from the set on this one. It's probably my favorite design in the bunch. To add a little layer, I also diecut small circles and popped them up on mini foam squares. This allowed me to make the flowers more dimensional by pulling up the edges a bit before slipping the page into the protector.

Supplies: Paper - black cardstock (Bazzill), white cardstock (Georgia Pacific), yellow/pink "painted" background (Basic Grey), pink floral (Crate), Misc. scraps for punched flowers; Accents - "Love" overlay (Creative Imaginations); brads (Doodlebug, Making Memories), photo corners (Heidi Swapp for Advantus); Tools - flower diecuts (Cuttlebug), circle diecuts (Nestabilities), lace border punch (Martha Stewart)

No comments: