Sunday, May 16, 2010

All in the Details

Detailed photos I promised.

Top photo: I must admit that I am crazy for KI Memories. Always have been. Though, sometimes I do find their products a little difficult to use. One example are these new plastic stickers...the sheet comes with several words and various pictures. The word I used below ("welcome") was actually included on a HOME sheet, but I thought it would work nice as a title. Kind of took my inspiration from the typeface you see in magazines and such and added a bit of flair by overlapping. I love the dimensional look it gives since the letter stickers for the "baby" part are actually a vinyl material too. It really pops off the page!

Bottom photo: I totally love the look of ribbon on a page, but have yet to find a super-duper way to adhere it. Whenever I attempt to use it, it ends up crooked, bent, wrinkled or otherwise mangled. My new trick...just use paper! I cut some strips on my paper trimmer and then using a sharp pair of scissors, clipped the ends at an angle or a w-shape. I cut a second shorter layer, using the end clipping technique. Since it was pattern-on-pattern, the cuts were difficult to see. I used some super cute square pop-ups to add some dimension and make the cuts more evident. I think if you didn't feel it or look ultra-close, you may just believe it was ribbon. Cool, huh? Oh yeah, and just love the monogram diecuts by Quickutz. You get several different fonts, sizes of one letter in the pack (Cookie-cutter style dies). My goal was to collect them all, but really haven't gotten too far. Luckily both Laura and Lucy start with an "L"...lucky girl!



No comments: