Friday, May 21, 2010

Ink-tastic!

I am a huge fan of ink. The kind that gets all over your fingers...and inevitably your face and maybe even your clothes. And, no, I don't think it can only be used for antiquing; it's a simple addition to a page that just adds...that finishing touch. Inking works especially great with black and white or sepia-toned pictures. I'm not sure why except that perhaps it brings out the crispness in the photo. In any event, I used ink generously in the page below. My favorite (and BTW super easy) technique involves taking a sponge and dabbing it directly on the ink pad. Then take the sponge and rub it directly against the edge of your paper. Simple. Sometimes messy, but very easy to do. Usually I end up doing this on all the edges on my page. It's a little time-consuming, but very worth it. Trust me.

How completely adorable is this baby? I mean, really! And the page...pretty cute too, if I must say so myself.

Supply List: Paper - (Pink Floral and Off-white Damask) Crate papers, (Paisley/Floral) Basic Grey, (Teal polka dot) Bo Bunny, (cream cardstock) Michaels, (brown cardstock) Bazzill Basics; Accents - (Paper flowers) Martha Stewart, (pink gem accent) Prima Marketing; Tools - (border punch) Martha Stewart; ("little one" diecut lettering) "Jolly" by Quickutz; Other - (Ink) Staz On

Photo by Angi Randall

No comments: