Friday, April 1, 2011

For the LOVE of border punches!

As you probably already have realized, I am totally in love with border punches (and am not afraid to admit it). Yes, they do work fantastically for punch borders...as the name implies...but they are also excellent for creating accent pieces. One of my favorite techniques is creating a "background" by punching various styles in the same or closely related shades of cardstock. In a previous post, I used this technique on a scrapbook page using black on black. I love that look since it gives the page a textured feel while still being subtle and letting the picture(s) shine! I did a similar look on this card. This time, though, I used a much different shade of paper to punch the stripes thereby creating a more patterned background. Adding strips of a Basic Grey patterned paper also brought in some fun color and texture. I absolutely adore this look and will probably continue to use it for years to come! Plus, this is a wonderful way to utilize those scraps!!!

No comments: