Sunday, May 16, 2010

Little Love

One of my best friends in the world, Carrie, announced to us last year that she was having a baby. How completely exciting! When it was finally time for the baby shower, I knew the perfect gift. She loves the look of scrapbooking, but has tried it and just doesn't enjoy doing it herself. Why not give her an empty book and the gift of my time and talent? Perfect! And so Lucy was born March 17, 2010. Less than a week later, she was photographed by Angi Randall . Adorable photos, by the way! Perfect timing since I was headed off to yet another weekend at Greenhaven Retreat and I needed something inspiring to work on. (Those of you who are creatively challenged have just GOT to check this place out. The workroom is awesome: huge tables, brightly lit, comfy chairs, and Cricut and Cuttlebug machines to use! I would highly recommend this place. I even have a work room at home, but it seems when I set aside the time at the Retreat, I just get more stuff done. No interruptions. No feeling bad about not making dinner or doing a load of laundry. Just time for you and your creativity!)

Anyway, brought the pictures and a variety of embellishments, papers, and more. You see, I plan ahead by deciding the general idea of the page. Usually this means finding a magazine page to scraplift, picking out the colors/papers and grabbing various items I think might go well (like ribbons, stickers, brads, etc). I throw all this stuff in an Iris 12x12 scrapbook box and am set to go. Way easier than trying to bring your whole stash with! I'll try to log-in here and show you the pages through out the week. Below you'll see one with little Lucy and her dad, Steven.


When I was picking out the supplies for this page, I just wasn't sure how it would turn out. I was copying a page done for a little boy and his soccer pictures and was thinking the bright colors might be too much. Completely wrong! I love how the bright colors contrast with the black-and-white photo. And even though the patterns and colors aren't girly in the least, I think it works well as a dad and baby girl page. Realized again over the weekend how much I adore my Cuttlebug...used it constantly to cut out circles, ovals, squares, rectangles, and various alphabets (including the monogram "L" above).

Supply List: Paper - Teal dot and yellow dot (Reminsce), orange dot (Scenic Route), green dot (Bo Bunny), cream cardstock (Michaels multipack); Accessories - white brads (Karen Foster), "welcome" plastic word (KI Memories), felt star brads (Making Memories), silver star "studs" (Colorbok), white lettering "baby" (American Craft Thickers); Tools - circles & scallop circles (Nestabilities), "L" monogram (Quickutz), scallop-edge border punch (Stampin' Up!); corner rounder (small-EK Success)

See post to immediately follow for detail shots of accents.

No comments: