Saturday, February 1, 2014

Valentine a Day Project

I'm not usually a huge fan of Valentine's Day.  At least not the grown-up, romantic, reservations at a fancy restaurant, chocolate and flowers version.  I am, however, pretty keen on the candy hearts and cute sayings, elementary school version.  Remember when you got an adorable little card from all of your classmates in a homemade mailbox?  So much fun!  In the spirit of that version of the holiday, I've created my very first "project" for the blog.  It's called Valentine a Day.  Every day until the 14th I'll post a new valentine project.  How neat is that?  And if you have questions about the techniques or products I use (all will feature A Muse Studio), be sure to drop me a message.  And remember,  you can shop online at my A Muse Studio online store 24/7!

Today's project is for the coffee lover in your life.  This one is perfect for a best friend or a significant other.  I totally connected with this design because I cannot survive without a cup of java every day.

 
It took me virtually 15 minutes to put together three copies of this cute card.  How simple!  The design was a take-off on a card featured in the Valentine Inspiration Guide now available online.  Want a print copy?  Email me your address and I'll drop one in the mail for you!
 
Supplies and Instructions:
Cut card base from Grapefruit Chevron Cardstock (3x6 inches; scored at 3 inches).  Next cut tag from Seattle Pinstripe Cardstock using Classic tag die.  A Muse Studio dies will cut on most machines, but I used the Spellbinders Grand Calibur machine.  To disguise the hole on the tag, cut a strip of Shell Cardstock.  I cut a strip 1/4 inch wide and placed on tag then cut edges to match tag.  Stamp coffee cup from "The Perfect Blend" set using Versamark ink onto Grapefruit Cardstock.  Heat emboss the image using Sugar (white) Embossing powder, then fuzzy cut once cooled off.  Cut small heart diecut from Shell Cardstock using die and machine.  Adhere cup and heart to bottom of tag and then stamp sentiment (also from "The Perfect Blend" set) in Memento Tuxedo Black near center of tag.  Adhere tag to card.  Done!
 
I'd love your feedback on styles/types of cards you'd like to see during this Valentine Challenge, so please leave comments.  Thanks for looking!  Have a fantastic weekend!

No comments: