Saturday, February 8, 2014

Playing Catch-up - Days 3, 4 & 5

So sorry for my hiatus this week.  I wasn't feeling the best early in the week...then I was busy...then I just, well - life happened.  But I'm back.  And the good news is that you'll get bombarded with several cards all in one day.  Yay!

Day 3 -

I love the colors in this first one.  Quite spring-y!  This one would be easy to replicate for weddings (using the Bride's colors), anniversaries, or whatever.  Hearts are always great!  Just change the sentiment for an adorable dimensional card.


Supplies and Instructions:
Cut card base from Sky cardstock (4 7/8 x 7 inches; score at 3 1/2 inches).  To create patterned hearts, use medium Heart diecut and cut from stamped cardstock and various printed cardstocks.  I used the "Mod Backgrounds 1" and "Mod Backgrounds 2" in Cherry ink, Mermaid ink, and Buttercup ink - all stamped on Sugar cardstock.  In addition, I cut hearts in Bermuda Polka Dot cardstock, Cherry Chevron cardstock and Lemon Whip (plain) cardstock.  Once cut, layer two hearts and staple near center.  Do this to create three dimensional hearts.  Glue to front of card, centered.  To create more dimension, pull up sides once adhered.  Finally, stamp sentiment from "Tweet Heart" set in Memento Tuxedo Black.  Add red heart from Twinkle Hearts assortment to center of heart in sentiment.
 
----------------------------------------------

Day 4 -

I can't take credit for this one.  I saw it last year in the A Muse Studio gallery and thought it was completely adorable.  It is also super duper quick to whip up!  I did add one minor awesome touch...google eyes!


Supplies and Instructions:
Cut card base from Cherry cardstock (3 x 7 inches; score at 3 1/2 inches).  Cut block for front of card from Sugar cardstock (2 3/4 inches x 3 inches).  Pick a monster from "Monster Bash" set and stamp near top in Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  Stamp sentiment from same set in Black ink as well.  Stamp heart from "Sweet Love" set in Cherry ink so that it overlaps sentiment.  Add google eyes (purchased at craft store) to stamped monster image.

----------------------------------------------

Day 5 -

If you're like me, you HOARD washi tape.  It's so cute.  It comes in rolls.  It's sticky.  It comes in all colors in patterns.  You have to have every single one you see!  Am I right?!  Well...now you actually use some!  These particular washi tapes are A Muse Studio exclusives.  I absolutely adore this card because it's fast, sophisticated, and easy-peasy to make.


Supplies and Instructions:
Cut card base from Sugar Cardstock  (3 x 8 1/2 inches; score at 4 1/4 inches).  Select washi tapes of your choice.  I used the following: red from "Holiday Assortment", black damask from "Tuxedo Assortment", and pink stripe from "Valentine Assortment".  Start with longest, bottom piece.  Take an approximate 4 1/2 inch piece and tear edge.  If some hangs off right side of card, that's a-ok!  Just trim with scissors!  Place near bottom of card, leaving a small white border.  Next, stamp sentiment.  I used the "At First Sight" set and Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  Following the same steps, adhere two more washi tape strips to card, overlapping top strip with middle one.  I added two small bling stickers from Clear Dots twinkle stickers set to right and one to left.  I love a little sparkle!  Finally, take a yard long piece of Blush baker's cording.  Starting at front of card, wrap around back and then to the front again.  Knot in place and then form a bow (just like tying your shoelace!).  Trim excess cording. 
 
----------------------------------------------
 
I hope to catch up my Valentine a Day by tomorrow so look for some more cards soon!  Thanks for stopping and have a fabulous Saturday!

No comments: