Sunday, February 2, 2014

Valentine a Day - Day 2 Mini Envelope card

I'm back with Project #2 of this little series.  Yay!  I just received the mini envelope die (on sale now for 25% off!) and I had to use it on a card.  I found a little Pinspiration and created this Bar 4 size creation.

 
I have to say that I think it turned out pretty nicely!  This one took me a little longer...about 35 minutes for all three copies, but that's mostly because I had to die-cut 2 medium hearts and an envelope for each card.  Plus, tying those bows can be a little tricky! :-)
 
Supplies and Instructions:
Cut card base from Vanilla cardstock (4 7/8 x 7 inches; score at 3 1/2 inches).  Next, cut envelope using A Muse Studio die from Kraft cardstock; score marks also appear once cut.  Fold and glue envelope as shown.  Cut two medium hearts using A Muse Studio heart die from Cherry Cardstock.  Place one heart mostly inside envelope and adhere.  Place other heart "escaping" envelope and pop up using foam dots.  Stamp valentine postmark from "Love is in the Air" set in Wheat signature ink.  I randomly stamped to create a background pattern...don't forget to run off edges!  Adhere envelope/hearts to card front in bottom right corner.  Stamp three mini hearts from "Tweet Heart" set in Cherry signature ink.  Cut strip of Vanilla cardstock 2 1/2 x 3/4 inch.  Stamp sentiment from "Sending My Love" set in Memento black.  Cut banner edges and adhere on top of envelope, centering.  Finally, cut a yard or so of Onyx Baker's Twine and wrap around card, knotting in front.  Tie small bow and trim edges to size.  Your adorable card is complete and ready to mail!
 
Don't forget!  If there's a style of card or A Muse product you'd like me to showcase during the Valentine a Day project, email me and I'll do my best.  Happy Sunday Funday to everyone and thanks for visiting!

No comments: