Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy V-Day!

After updating my post from yesterday, I had a little time to create.  I hate to say it, but a couple of these took five minutes or less to create!  How awesome is that?

Day 9 -

Another card for the coffee lover in your life!  Seriously, this one takes about 2 minutes to create...and that includes the cutting and stamping.  Love it!

 
Supplies and Instructions:
Cut card base from Kraft cardstock (3 x 8 inches; score at 4 inches).  I used the Crop-A-Dile corner chomper in 1/2 inch on the bottom corners.  (Sidebar: This tool is AWESOME.  It "chomps" through many layers of paper and is easy to use. You can buy it here.)  Stamp the double mug image and the sentiment from "The Perfect Blend" in Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  Stamp the array from hearts images from "Silver Lining" set in Cherry ink.  Add black/white dot washi tape from the Tuxedo assortment on left border.
 
----------------------------------------------

Day 10 -
 
I was laying in bed the other night thinking about designs for this Valentine a Day challenge.  Suddenly, I remembered I had a set with animal print with some pretty cute sayings that would work out perfectly!  Plus, I've never cracked open the box.  I'm ashamed...ok, not really.  I buy lots of stuff that takes me FOREVER to use.  Anyway, I thought this one would be fun for the man in your life.  Not so frilly.  Not pink.  Rawr.
 
 
Supplies and Instructions:
Cut card base from Orange Pinstripe cardstock (5 1/2 x 8 1/2 inches; score at 4 1/4 inches.)  Cut Onyx Chevron cardstock for bottom border on card front (1 x 5 1/2 inches).  Stamp animal print from "Go Wild" set using Versamark ink on Orange cardstock.  Immediately heat emboss using Onyx embossing powder.  Use punch or die to cut out circle (2 1/2 inch diameter).  Cut block for sentiment from Onyx cardstock (1 1/4 x 3 inches; round corners using 1/2 inch rounder).  Stamp sentiment (from same set) using Versamark ink.  Immediately heat emboss using White embossing powder.  Cut approximately one yard of Orange baker's cording.  Wrap around card twice and knot in front, trimming excess.

----------------------------------------------
Day 11 -
 
Gotta give credit where it's due...Sherry Czarnecki - you did a fabulous job on your "Sweet on You" card.  So fabulous that I wanted to make one similar but with my own flair.  I love this one because it's got a teen vibe to it.  You could even do it in other colors and add stars or other shapes to make it a totally awesome birthday card.  Again, this one took me virtually no time at all.  Gotta love that!
 
 
Supplies and Instructions:
Cut base from Sugar cardstock (4 7/8 x 7 inches; score at 3 1/2 inches).  Stamp circle pattern from "Rock Star" set in Berry ink.  (Don't forget to stamp randomly and turn your stamp this way and that to create a haphazard pattern.  Also, run off the edges when you stamp...just make sure you've got scraps underneath.  I love these 11x17 grid paper sheets for covering my work surface.  Buy them online.)  Add starburst heart shape from "Love is in the Air" set using Blush ink; randomly stamp around and inside circle pattern.  Stamp sentiment from "Sending My Love" set using Memento Tuxedo Black ink in the bottom right corner.  Stamp saying again on scrap piece of Sugar cardstock.  Then, stamp circle pattern again in Berry ink over the top.  Hand-cut heart from scrap and use a pop-up dot to raise it above the empty heart on the card front.
 
----------------------------------------------
 
As always, thanks for stopping!  Don't forget...a lot of these sets are STILL on sale, but only through tonight at 11:59 pm!  25% off is a great deal!  Here's a complete list of the sets on sale...
 
 
And have a happy and safe Valentine's Day!


No comments: