Saturday, August 22, 2009

Fun & Funky!

Ask me what my favorite scrapbooking magazine is and you're bound to get this answer...CK - hands down! It seems like my favorite pages are created from inspiration clipped from that magazine. Two columns in particular are sources of amazingness - "Studio A" and "Ask Lizzy". The page below was based on, ok virtually COPIED from, a page by Elizabeth Kartchner. It was just too cute not to recreate and add to my scrapbook!


Ultimately, one of my favorite things about Lizzy's designs is her use of color. She's not afraid of mixing colors and patterns. I think the variety adds real flair to a page and is also a great way to utilize those small scraps. I find that some of my favorite patterned papers end up on LOTS of pages this way...and that just makes me so happy!

The page design here was super simple. One photo - though the circles could be minimized to make room for two or three, some paper strips, and circles. I chose to highlight my photo with a frame rather than just a cardstock mat. I also used various border punches to jazz up the paper accent strips. I cut all the circles using my Spellbinders dies on the Cuttlebug machine; a couple were accented with scallop borders and three were accented with various floral accents. I love these flower stickers (from Scrappy Cat) because they're glittery and layered. Perfectly completed and ready to stick to your page! Finally, I wanted to add some journaling (not featured on the Lizzy original). I opted to cut a larger circle using the Creative Memories cutter to keep with the theme. Then just add a title and some cute flower brads for good measure. How much fun is that?!

1 comment:

June Houck said...

Laura, I *LOVE* this layout! I have all the pictures and papers picked out to do an entire 8x8 album of our furry girl, Skeeziks. I need to do it soon, as she is 19 years old. We lost her brother to cancer 5 years ago, and it was so hard to do his scrapbook after he was gone. YOU have inspired me. LOVE IT!!!