Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Be Happy!

I'm believe in the scrapbooking belief that recording moments is just as important as recording birthdays, holidays, and events. Sometimes the best emotions come from everday moments..and a picture snapped without staging. For this page, I wanted to document our life right now. Our goals and brief thoughts...and to just scrapbook a nice page.


















I wanted to keep things neutral by staying with only a few colors. Because of the darkness of the photo, I chose a light teal. Not sure where the idea to cut the lace to fit inside the decorative stamp-edge paper came from, but just did it. Felt like it added just the right touch of texture and dimension. I found various accents that would match - rub-ons and gems mostly. I carefully accented the photo and title with the embellishments. Overall, I really liked how the page turned out. See my additional post for close-ups of the embellishments.

1 comment:

June Houck said...

Beautifully done, Laura! I am so afraid to use my lace card stock...thanks for the inspiration :)