Friday, January 30, 2009

Lovely Layers!

A bit of time to be creative...

I finally got a little time this week to do my favorite thing in the world...create! With busy season underway, my life has been all but consumed by work. I was able to get away early on Thursday and after an inspiring trip tp Picture This, I went home to play. In the spirit of Cuttlebug fever, I created a brand new card!
Supplies:
Cardstock - (tan, dark pink) Worldwin; (green, aqua) Close to My Heart; (white) Georgia Pacific
Accents - (layered flower) American Crafts; (flower brads) Making Memories; (saying stamp) Printworks; (heart stamp) Stampin' Up!; (brown ink) Stazon; (clear ink) Versamark; (clear embossing powder) Ranger; rickrack (unknown)
Tools - (swirl, leaves, and dotted background embossing folders, ring diecut) Cuttlebug; (scallop circle and circle with dots) Quickutz; (scallop border punch) Stampin' Up!


Tip - I love the sanded look that's OH SO EASY to acheive with the Cuttlebug embossing folders. Simply use a white (or color core) cardstock, emboss in the machine and then sand to reveal. Another of my favorite things right now is layering. I actually was inspired on this card by the designs of Elizabeth Karchner. She uses amazing color combinations on all her projects! I also love how she combines the look of pre-made embellishments with handmade ones. Here I stamped and embossed the heart, created a layered center block with embossing, stamping, and sanding, and then added a pre-made layered flower for good measure. The perfect mix of creativity and pre-made fabulousness!

No comments: