Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Spring is Here!

Spring is finally here...or maybe I should say WAS here.  At least that's the case for us up here in Western Wisconsin.  50's over the weekend and a spring snow storm in the forecast for Friday.  Figures.  Regardless, the warm temperatures have got us in the mood for being outdoors!  And around here, spring means getting your bike out of storage and going on a ride.  I created this card with that feeling in mind.

I absolutely love playing with Splash! products.  As you've seen, the emboss resist technique is one of my favorite and I used it here.  


To create the card, I first cut a card base from Pistachio cardstock and a layering base from Sugar cardstock.  Then, using the "Chevrons" stamp set, I added two images in Versamark ink.  I coated the images with Sugar embossing powder, removed excess, and heat embossed.  The next step is the FUN part - Splash! time.  I picked out a few colors I thought would be fun together....these colors are so trendy right now: pistachio, lemon whip, and grapefruit.  There's no good way to describe how I achieved the effect, except that you spray from about 5-6 inches away and aim at the paper - I did these randomly with all three colors, leaving a little white showing at the top.  The ink will not adhere to the embossed portions, so I used a baby wipe to remove it.  It's best to wait until the ink has settled and dried on the paper a bit so as not to smudge the "sprayed" effect.  I love gold with these colors so I used it as my other ink color.  I stamped the sentiment from the "Birthday Greetings" set in Versamark and embossed with gold powder; this was done directly on the layer base.  Next, I stamped the bike image from "Enjoy the Ride" on vellum cardstock using the same ink and powder.  I handcut the image and adhered it to the base using a dot runner.  Finally, I stamped a saying from the "Enjoy the Ride" set on an extra piece of Sugar cardstock and trimmed the edges to create a banner effect, placing it just below the main sentiment at an angle.  

Voila.  Cute, don't you think?!  Thanks for stopping!

No comments: