Sunday, February 1, 2009

GO FISH!!!

Best fishes!

I originally bought a really cute fish stamp to match this saying...but then I found a Cuttlebug fish die that would work perfectly! How cute would this be as a birthday card for a little fish-lover?! And, seriously, if you don't have a Cuttlebug yet - GET ONE!



I thought the bubble embossing folder would work PERFECTLY for this card. I wanted to give the impression of a fish bowl and seriously how cute are the goldfish? Also, to mimic the breathing bubbles I used eyelets filled with stickles for a glittery effect. Unfortunately this doesn't show up well in the picture, but trust me it's sparkly and adorable!

Supplies:
Cardstock - (black) Rooney Printing; (aqua) Diecuts with a View; (orange) Stampin' Up!; (white) Georgia Pacific
Patterned - (stripe) Scrapbook Wizard
Other - (border punch) Martha Stewart; ("best fishes" stamp) Amuse; (ink) Staz On; (orange paper border) Doodlebug; (circle and scallop circle diecuts) Spellbinders Nestabilities; (eyelets) Making Memories; (sparkle) Stickles; (fish diecut, bubble embossing folder) Cuttlebug

Tip: Be sure to keep all your scraps! I made this entire card from my scrap bin! I keep clear 12x12 containers for all my patterned leftovers and a 12x12 file sorter for all my cardstock scraps (cs sorted by color). Since I often only use a strip or a chunk of the paper, I keep the rest for future cards and pages. This particular striped paper is OLD! Like 4-5 years old to be exact. But it's still cute and the colors worked great for the card. And one other tip...don't limit yourself to one particular card style. Like scrapbooking, cardmaking styles vary a ton. I make elegant cards and cute cards...and everything in between. It's fun to mix it up!

1 comment:

Picture This said...

This is SUPER Cute!! I love the Cuttlebug fishy set, they remind me of goldfish crackers.

Very A*Musing card...