Sunday, November 30, 2008

My Style

This page idea just came to me one day...I was actually at work thinking about how cool my new glasses were. Very retro, very trendy, so very me. Why not make a page about these very facts!? So I did. And incorporated some of my favorite colors and textures. Definitely qualifies as a biography page - these types of pages are really neat to look back on.



















Supplies:
Cardstock - (white) Georgia Pacific; (pink) Bazzill
Patterned - (teal pattern) Basic Grey; (green lace) KI Memories; (floral) American Crafts
Accents - (journaling label stickers, frame diecut, felt flower, snaps, brads, button) Making Memories; (chipboard stickers - title) Heidi Swapp; (pen) Slick Writer by AC; (foam) Michael's; (scrappers floss) Karen Foster
Tools - (scallop-edge circle punch) Martha Stewart; (scallop-edge rectangle) Nestabilities by Spellbinders; Cuttlebug diecut machine

Tip: I love handwritten journaling. Sure, it may not look as neat and clean, but it does show your individuality. I think it's good to include on some pages as another part of the memory.

Tip II: Patterned papers are GREAT! I love the varieties - the colors - the textures! I love to mix and match. I learned a long time ago that a little paper can go a long way. That is, don't feel that you need to use the whole piece on one page. I love using a bit here and there. Hey, the piece lasts longer that way too! And never worry about matching the papers EXACTLY...you'll go crazy. I use the strategy "close enough" and it seems to work just fine!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: